M.Sc. in Sustainable Development and Environment Management (Affiliated to University of Mumbai’s Garware Institute of Career Education and Development)
This job oriented course is aimed to inculcate the knowledge based on sustainable environment applicable to different sectors viz. research, academics, industries, NGOs and service sector. The program equips individuals to solve problems in these fields at source rather than through end-of-pipe interventions. It aims to satisfy an industrial and public sector demand for trained environment management and sustainability professionals.
- To inculcate the knowledge base on sustainable development with a view to balance our economic, environmental and social needs, allowing prosperity for new and future generations.
- To train students to undertake major initiatives in the efficient management of natural resources and the prevention of environmental pollution with focus on Sustainable Development.
- To equip individuals to solve problems of environmental pollution and environmental degradation through before end-of pipe interventions, over and above the use of conventional way of end of pipe interventions.
- To promote understanding of efforts that can be made at the industry and government level to improve the environment, the economy and the quality of life of biotic and abiotic communities.
- To use environmental management tools that help to improve the quality of environment, to assess local vulnerabilities with respect to climate, natural disasters and to achieve sustainable development needs.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Candidates may get opportunity to get placement in
- Every industry sector (such as automobile, food processing, chemical, pharmaceutical, power including renewable energy, Textile, fertilizer, Cement, Infrastructure, Steel, refinery, tyre, etc.)
- Pollution control boards, local bodies including municipal corporations
- Environmental Consultancy firms
- NGO’s , Banks (study environmental feasibility of environmental projects)
- Research and development laboratory
- Multi star hotels (manage wastewater treatment facilities, Environmental management systems)
- Hospitals (Environmental Quality control, Hospital waste management)
- Waste management industries
- Certifying /Audit agencies
2 years full time (4 semesters)
B.Sc. Degree/ B.E. or Equivalent
Admission on the basis of Written Test followed by an Interview